The requirements for auditing the management system within companies and on board ships have highlighted the subject of competence of internal auditors.
Our course provides you with the knowledge and expertise necessary to plan and conduct combined ISM, ISPS and MLC audits and verifications. Through the use of interactive group exercises you will also improve your communication skills and thus strengthen your overall performance as an auditor.
The first part of the auditing process resembles an inspection activity (verification of compliance and identification of non-conformities). This course will provide shipping and offshore company employees with the knowledge and tools necessary for performing and managing internal auditing procedures. Verification principles and methods for implementation of both formal and informal audit procedures will be examined and applied.
Participants will receive a sound understanding of auditing techniques and processes as well as management of an internal auditing program. They will also gain an appreciation for the role and importance of internal auditing programs within the maritime industry as related to Safety and Quality Management systems and learn about the requirements laid down in the ISO 19001 standard related to the performance of the internal audits and verifications in an integrated management system.
A written exam will test your level of achievement with respect to the learning objectives and be used as a basis to issue a certificate.
Certificate by Business Research and Service Institute (BRASI ) USA www.brasi.org
To qualify participants as internal auditors (ISM, ISPS, MLC) enabling them to prepare and conduct internal audits/verifications within their shipping companies in accordance with accepted auditing principles. Prior knowledge of the three standards is expected.
Good knowledge of ISM Code, ISPS Code and the ILO Maritime Labour Convention 2006
Who should attend:
Shipping Companies: Designated Persons (ashore), Company Security Officers, Quality Managers, Superintendents, Nautical Officers, Engineers
Duration: 3 days
The course focuses on:
- Introducing to Maritime Safety Management and the International Safety Management (ISM) Code and International Ship and Port Security (ISPS) Code and Maritime Labour Convention(MLC) Code;
- The Aims, Structure and Content of the ISM, ISPS and MLC Codes;
- ISM Requirements & implementation Problems
- ISPS Requirements & Implementation Problems
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 Requirements & Implementation Problems
- ILO MLC Application
- Quality, Health, Safety & Security Auditing
- Theory and Practice of Auditing
- Methods & Auditing Tools and Checklists
- ISM/ISPS/MLC audit and verification requirements
- Common features and differences
- Techniques that contribute to the success of communication processes within audits
- Planning, preparation, performance, recording, reporting and follow-up of audits
- Principles and best practices of harmonized audits and verifications
- Handling of non-conformities including root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Practical audit preparation, execution, follow up and monitoring
- Practical handling of Audit Findings and follow up (internal vs external audits)
- Auditing Case Studies
Enquiry: 08033746076, 08182704266 or email@example.com
DU&T Consulting, 5 Afisman Drive, Anifowose, Ikeja, Lagos. www.dutconsulting.com
Other Countries click